Becoming




Where do I begin
when there is no beginning?
To where do I turn when nothing surrounds me?
What does one say when words evade 
and actions speak but nobody understands
the gestures that say so much more 
than words ever could?

How do I stay sane 
when crazy thoughts come knocking 
at my door?
Voices of insanity
of incoherence echoing through
the empty halls of my mind.

Nobody is home.
Nobody abides here
Do you understand ? 

This body 
is merely a vessel,
an island on which to rest 
my spirit wings
after tiresome flights through
sea and sky and
time and space.

Out here 
there is no beginning
and no ending,
merely questions with no answers
- perpetual dreaming -
hovering between reality
and unreality,
unreality and surreality,
oblivious as to which is which.

My life is like an acid trip.
Both the peaking and the coming down,
where nothing is sure
and nothing is fixed
- undefinite and indefinite -
everything moving and
wavering and floating
( like clouds )
intangible and untouchable.

Clarity evades me,
slipping from my fingers
to form puddles at my feet,
dissipated clouds or
sanity liquidized
- call it what you will -

I see my reflection in them,
these puddles.
This is Me.
This wavering figure
that has no form nor face,
multifaceted like a diamond,
struggling to find
my true self
my true face
my real Me.

Is this normal?

Does everybody float 
like this - fly like this,
fall like this?

Did somebody drug me as a child 
or am I merely undergoing 
some seemingly endless 
metamorphosis?

Tao te Ching,
philosopher,
said that nothing is,
that everything is becoming..

Is this what is happening to me?
Am I merely 'becoming'?

What am I becoming then!?
How will I know,
when will I know,
will I know at all when I have become 
whatever it is 
that I am becoming?

Will there be a time of peace 
where I am happy with what 
I have Become?


And then what?
Does the cycle of becoming
continue on and on?


No comments: